Narcoleptic Knights

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sleepy Sunday

The day was definitely low key at my house today. My daughter had a friend here over night, and the two of them had fun creating a movie on my MacBook Pro. They also played air hockey, goofed around, and enjoyed the Wii. My wife spent most of the day resting, but is getting to some of the chores now. She is definitely feeling some pressure because we are leaving on vacation this Thursday. Thus, we need to get the house cleaned and have a number of ducks in a row before we hop in the car. Not only is she thinking about the work at home, but also she needs to get a number of things done at her office. Plus, her husband with narcolepsy is not a big help in crunch times - oops!

I spent the day puttering, but I did get some things done. I washed some dishes and finally cleaned off our dining room table. I am still hoping to get a couple more things done before I head to bed. More than anything, though, I used the day to recharge a bit. I tried to let go of my worries, appreciating the things that I did get done. Hopefully, my lack of fretting will continue throughout the week, allowing me to maintain my energy and to accomplish a few more tasks in the process. I definitely need for that to happen, but sometimes my body and my narcolepsy make their own plans. It does not help that I have two six hour meetings on Monday and Tuesday up at school. In the end, though, things will be what they are, and we will still leave on our vacation regardless. Life is funny that way.

2 comments:

jenji said...

Hey there!

I read in an earlier post that you have had some difficulty with Provigil and therefore thought that Nuvigil might be a problem as well. So I was wondering... Have you ever given Adderall or Concerta (extended time release) a go? I only ask because I had to do quite a bit of experimenting with stimulants until I found one that not only somewhat worked, but did so sans profound side-effects.

best,
jenji

NarcoGirl said...

Hey, I hear ya as far as getting all the ducks in a row before heading out-hopefully it won't be too stressful once you get back! Have a great vacation and thanks for posting :-)