Narcoleptic Knights

Friday, July 24, 2009

Pulsating Pain

My head feels like it is in a vice. The headache started around 3 PM today, and it is progressively building. Somehow, I managed to go get my daughter around 4 PM. Then, my wife, my daughter, three of my daughter's friends, and I went to a play at my school. Thankfully, my wife drove. I survived the play and even managed to laugh, but the pain is making it difficult to see at the moment. As always the pain is completely centered in my sinuses. I have no doubt that something rotten is happening in there. My ENT's office never did call with the culture results, but I am sure that they were negative.

I would guess that this headache is my body's signal to me that I have pushed far too hard at the end of this week. I have not rested much, even on my "off days," and for the past two days, I have had intense three hour meetings. My colleagues and I have been planning, which has been a blast. Because we are making significant progress, I have no doubt that this coming school year will be even better than last year. That said, though, I overtaxed my body during these past two days because I wanted to get even more done for school. Hopefully, a night of sleep and an extremely low key weekend will allow me to recuperate, so I can work toward a healthier balance next week. Of course, I have two all day meetings on Monday and Tuesday, a evening gathering on Wednesday, another team planning meeting on Thursday morning, and a road trip to Tennessee immediately after that Thursday meeting. I do not have high hopes for my body "settling" within the next week. Oh well, this too is just another joy of narcolepsy. I do get better at rolling with punches like this one (but I still don't like them).

2 comments:

Wolfie said...

Headaches are awful. I really hope it gets better soon. :(

Main Man said...

Thanks. At the same time, I know that this are far worse for you since you have a full blown sinus infection!