Narcoleptic Knights

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Partial Productivity

The last day or so have gone decently for me. While I do still feel adrift, I am having spurts of success when it comes to knocking one or two things off my ever-growing list. Beyond the finances, I filed somethings in our office, and I managed to get some tasks done for MOONS-MN. Most importantly, I got invitations out to others for the MOONS-MN gathering this coming Saturday, July 18. I definitely hope that a few people can make it. We are trying to have a few gatherings that are more social in nature because we know that many people want to have MOONS be more of a support group.

The best part about getting the emails and the U.S. Mail sent is that I will not feel any guilt or shame now, regardless of the turn out on Saturday. Had I been unable to accomplish those tasks, though, I am sure that I would have blamed myself for any failures (real or imagined) that might have happened. I definitely wish at times that I did not have this overdeveloped sense of responsibility. The reality is that I can only do so much, and I am honestly putting forth my best effort. I also feel good that I am making progress in helping get MOONS more organized - many hands truly do make light work.

One goal that I do have for today is to put closer to one thing around my house. I am not sure yet whether that will be our office (or at least the clutter on the desks - since there is MORE to do than I can accomplish in a day) or cleaning the kitchen completely. I feel like I am slowly wrapping my head around the idea of chipping slowly away at my many tasks. That is just one more piece of the lifelong journey that living with narcolepsy gives to me. I also know that I will need to spend some time this afternoon resting. My sleep last night was limited. Although I intentionally worked late, I still managed to fall asleep (post-Xyrem) in our office. Fortunately, my wife rescued me and brought me to the bed for a couple hours of decent sleep.

No comments: