Narcoleptic Knights

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Ready for the scariest aspect of my Halloween post? I "started" it on October 31. Basically, I typed a title and went to bed because I was exhausted that night. The NEXT time that I even looked at the post, or this blog, was today - November 18! The added irony is that my previous post (which I also finished today, but had written most of on October 30) commented extensively on the strange sensation of days lasting for weeks in October. Needless to say, November has been another story.

I can't believe how long it has been since I have written here. I know that I have been feeling that loss within my stress levels and my physical well being. I know I need to set better patterns, but it gets hard when my energy keeps dropping while my workload never ceases to build - yuck! My depression/anxiety have definitely been heightened, but I am still managing to stay balanced, most of the time. I do beat myself up in some capacity daily. What has grown in strength, though, is my ability to stop my inner tirades and to own the reality that I am doing the best that I can.

We had a weird Halloween this year. My daughter spent the whole weekend with a friend. My wife was horribly sick. I announced a football game. I think it was the first time that at least two of us were not together for the evening. I find that scary too. It is the direction that I should expect things to move. My daughter is definitely growing into a young woman. Still, it is hard to realize that soon my middle schooler will be on her way to college. That being said, I know that I have many days ahead with which I can challenge both of these amazing women in my life. I also must add that my daughter went trick-or-treating as a sandwich. She made "bread" out of foam. She also had lettuce, tomato and swiss cheese in the sandwich. It was brilliant. How lucky am I to have a daughter who WANTED to be a sandwich, and a year ago she was a crate of oranges. I love it!

No comments: