Narcoleptic Knights

Saturday, October 18, 2008

MOONS Madness

This past week I twice tried to get decent photos of the full moon. The pictures from the first batch are okay. I have not actually looked at the second set yet. I want them because I am helping get the Midwest Organization of Narcolepsy Support - Minnesota chapter (MOONS-MN) organized. We have set up a new website with a new address - www.moonscentral.net. We are also trying to get the names and addresses for the group organized into a database. That way, we can generate all kinds of good data and be able to help each other more.

Beyond the website, I also traveled to the Minnesota Secretary of State's office to see if the Minnesota Narcolepsy Association could become "re-established" and have the name changed to MOONS. Turns out, it can be done. I filed the appropriate paperwork and now need to get the other planning group folks organized so we can adjust the by-laws appropriately. I also think that this move will help with the dues issues. As nutty as the past few weeks have been, I am proud of myself for taking care of this. Not only is MOONS-MN a non-profit in the state of Minnesota, but I also plan to check with the federal government to see if the Minnesota Narcolepsy Association (now MOONS-MN) still has federal nonprofit status under 501 (c)(3). All around the situation is excellent.

I have high hopes for our group. The two people who got us started are as committed as ever. We also have at least six other people deeply driven to see this group thrive. Now that we know that we are a non-profit for sure, we have a lot of fantastic avenues available. I truly think that MOONS can do awesome work. It gives hope that I will help all of these folks make a difference in the battle against narcolepsy.

No comments: