Narcoleptic Knights

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Odd October

So often, I feel like time's relativity only increases in speed. Somehow, though, this past month has not only flown by with exponentially increasing acceleration, but also it has lasted an eon, or two. If that sounds completely paradoxical, imagine what it must feel like. Usually, I am wondering where the month went, but for the past week, I have had to remind myself that it is not yet November. While a portion of me does wonder where the past four weeks went, another section can seem to grasp that there is still one day left in this month - October. All of it seems complete bizarre.

Surreal as the month has been, I know that some of my confusion results directly from my narcolepsy. I find each day so exhausting that each one honestly can feel like a week. Yet, even with that, the memory issues that tend to accompany my sleepiness do make it seem like I have lost a day here, or a week there. Beyond the condition, though, the month has been bizarre due to the multitude of activities in my life.

I am trying to reduce the stresses in my life, but feel like I am losing that battle. My responsibilities to my daughter's school seem to be growing, as are my commitments to my various narcolepsy communities. Beyond that, my job is far more demanding from a physical standpoint this year. I am a great deal happier, but am also finding myself far more drained than I did last year (when I sat around and watched movies most days). Finally, the extensive renovations taking place at my home, coupled with the conferences that both my wife and I attended (one apiece), have made for a wildly rich and diverse month. I do find this sensation strange, but I love that for once, I do NOT feel like I lost every other day (or more).

No comments: