Narcoleptic Knights

Monday, December 29, 2008

Sick Sad Sunday

Apparently, when your spouse gets sick, it means you can potentially get the same thing. Whatever messed up my wife's stomach on December 26 got me too. I spent all day yesterday feeling horrid. Thankfully, I am much better today. My bowels are still dicey, but at least I feel like I can eat something. Also, I don't ache everywhere. I think the most frustrating thing was that even extra strength acetaminophen did not seem to help - yuck!

The bright spot in the day, though, is that I simply gave into the sickness. My grandmother was having a large gathering of family. While I was sad to miss it, I didn't feel bad about that. Nor did I feel rotten about spending a day in bed. I "could've" tried to do schoolwork, but I know I would not have been focused. I simply chose to lay down and read a book. That was good for me too. As I have said so often lately, even a year ago, I might have tried to fight through the illness. But, I know enough now to realize that being somewhere absolutely miserable is not helpful to anyone, let alone to me.

Plus, I will get to see some of the folks over the next day or two. My sister, my daughter, my parents, and I are still in Duluth until tomorrow. It should be fun to have a few more low key days. I think I am also enjoying taking smaller doses of my stimulants right now. It is definitely making me more relaxed and low key. Of course, I remain convinced that I will need to return to nearly full doses when school re-starts in a week. But, that is seven days a way. I plan to enjoy my break until then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am dealing with the same kind of thing. Wishing for a quick recovery for yoU! Glad you got some time to read!