Narcoleptic Knights

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Washed out Wednesday

It always throws me when my body "catches up" with my life. I had a great weekend, seeing friends and playing a small amount of ultimate. I also enjoyed my visit to my friends' home in Maryland. The added exercise in White Flint would have been nice to forgo, but I know that it too was beneficial. My travel yesterday was harried at times, but I got home safely. So, I awoke today thinking that I would be ready to get into a groove preparing for work material, cleaning the house, and prepping for some events at my daughter's school. I was completely wrong.

Although I could feel the wave of fatigue as early as Sunday, it hit me full force today. I struggled to get out of bed, even with my stimulant. Then, as I was about to leave to do my limited errands for the day, I learned that the acupuncture, massage, and chiropractic appointments that I believed were scheduled for tomorrow were actually today - yippee. Thankfully, I will still get to have a massage (a shorter one) and chiropractic tomorrow, but the disappointment and embarrassment nearly tanked my day. Poetry Club at my daughter's school went great, but I got home completely exhausted. I even fell asleep watching The News Hour.

I am hoping that the recovery process will only take a day or two. I truly can't afford to feel like this when school restarts next Tuesday. I should not be surprised when things like this happen, but I am. I forget how much energy traveling can consume. I also did spend most days over the weekend and in Maryland "on," meaning that I did not rest much. That said, it still stresses me out that I am nearly worthless today. I want to do more around our house. I also need to get caught up on school work, finances, and our taxes. Narcolepsy always seems to have one more twist waiting for me.

No comments: