Narcoleptic Knights

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Whacky Wednesday

As much as I am getting used to time racing forward, I still find myself stunned when the opposite happens. Days when I feel like I live a week in a few short hours completely unnerve me. Today definitely fell into that category. At school today, we held a "founders" celebration for the two religious orders that started our school. I also felt like I was constantly on the go during the entire day, conversing with a colleague during my first prep, planning three things at once during our team session, attempting to organize ideas and thoughts during my second prep, processing racism and its impact with students throughout the day, assisting a few students during their homeroom time, reviewing the work of my independent study student during my lunch, and finally delving into more ideas and angst in our other class. Then, I went to lead my daughter's Poetry Club. I finished out the day by running a number of errands.

I honestly struggle to accept that our "founders" breakfast was THIS morning. Invariably, I was (and am) exhausted. And, the craziest part is that, even though I accomplished a vast number of things today, part of my brain truly believes that I should have done more. I have so many stray "unfinished" tasks, but it would be impossible to accomplish them. Not just in one day, but in a lifetime. I must work to accept that reality - my brain will never be "satisfied." It is simply the truth of my situation. Hopefully, my awareness, and ensuing actions, will keep the madness and anxiety at bay.

No comments: