Narcoleptic Knights

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Surreal Saturday/Sunday

Surreal is literally the best word that I can conceive to describe the bizarre reality of the past weekend. I arose on Monday morning feeling like it had been 2 weeks since I had been to school, yet it had only been two days. The entire weekend was a constant series of frenzy and activity. My wife and I went on a lovely date on Friday night, after I spent a few hours doing work at school. We also got the oil changed in one of our cars. Then, Saturday included an oil change for the other car, tons of school planning and work, a family dinner, church, and laundry. Finally, Sunday was my daughter's prelims for swimming (she was incredible), a fun lunch with friends, more school work, and house cleaning.

Somehow, I survived it all. I felt spent by Monday morning, but I also knew that I could survive. And, I did. I need to keep striving for balance in my life, but I also realize that the ebb and flow of the universe will not always make balance possible. As a result, I need to embrace times like this weekend, while knowing that I did my best. Sometimes, like this weekend, most things will work out. Other times, nearly everything will fall a part. Regardless, I need to push forward. Perfection is an impossible ideal, and I hope that I will one day be able to say that (or write it) feeling it in my core. I take small steps each day, but the journey will span my life.

No comments: